Monday, March 19, 2018

Lottie Scotty Update #001-2018

This was our second outing with a vintage camper group...
 
 We found out about this gathering 
[or rally, I've not quite got these terms straight in my head -] 
while we were in Georgia, so it was fun to see some familiar faces 
and also meet new friends as well...
It was over at Honeycomb, so close to the house that I can't believe we've never camped there before... But I imagine it's a whole different atmosphere once it's warm enough to recreate out on the water - ha.
This weekend it was nice and peaceful... I loved our little lake view...
And all the spring flowers in bloom!
Craig contacted the event host and volunteered to cook fish for everyone on Friday night - He always does such a great job and most everyone loves fish - The host set it at 4 in the afternoon - a little early for many people... Still we had a good group and an informal time to meet and talk with many!
And as it turned out, the event host didn't show up [many people cancelled because of the bit of rain forecast for one night - ] and he defaulted to Craig - which I found a little odd since this was our first time at the event... But y'all know he took it in stride and listened to what the group wanted to do, and I think it turned out well --
 
Here's a few things we did differently this trip - we did NOT take the large vintage lawn chairs for 'staging' [we did haul a lot of fish cooking stuff -] and, we forgot our rugs  
 - but that's just as well because of the rain....
We picked up this little camp kitchen at the Coleman Store when we were down at The Gulf - and I just didn't realize how much I'd enjoy having it - It gives us an extra cooking / food prep area for sure... but I loved how I could heat dish water up in the electric skillet and have rinse water in the dish pan on 'kitchen' and then the drain / rack on the wired surface so everything could dry easily... It was a great purchase!
The other thing[s] we added this trip that I especially loved was the table and mixed matched chairs that we set up close to our campsite -  It's a little fold up table that opens up to the perfect height to eat a meal [or work on a project, or read a book, or play some cards...] 
LOVE that we can have a table close to our stuff - and that I don't have to climb in / out of picnic tables where I'm always concerned about spiders or other bugs, not to mention the concrete rubbing my clothes and / or legs.... 
LOVE the mis-matched chairs that Craig found for a bargain and painted the same apple red gloss as the rest of Lottie's accessories. [We already had the two little stools that we use for everything: seats - tables - a step to put he awning in, etc.]
It was a nice weekend of relaxing at our campsite... seeing the sunrise...
and set over our little Alabama mountains... 
Organizing the fish fry... and enjoying a potluck dinner as
we visited and got to know new friends... celebrating St. Patrick's Day...
Finding that I still have the 4-Leaf Clover gene 
[yay]
{{So glad you can't see my nails because - disaster...not sure if it's having gel nails two times in a row or the winter weather - but they have chipped and cracked down to the cuticle - OUCH.}}
 
And relaxing 'round our camp fire... 
[Which y'all know we love - ]
Except for a bit of rain early Saturday morning, 
the weather was perfect for camping...
I'm already looking forward to our next trip!

No comments: