Friday, March 9, 2018

It's been a few months since

I've done a step-by-step [kinda / sorta] for our faith journaling group 
that meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
If you're local, we'd love to have you join us! -
Second Saturday - 
8:30 a.m.
Atlanta Bread on University
So, like I say on the handout - 
I'm kinda late to the llama drama - and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm loving them just a little too much - ha. Thus, I needed to add one into my Bible journaling. LOL. 
I was inspired by a Bible Journal page I saw on line where a girl was peeking out from a door - and also from a search of 'llama clip art' on google images - 
So. Let's go -
I always start with a pencil and great big eraser. 
OF COURSE I had to add a scarf around the little neck.

Y'all know that water colors are my first choice for my Bible Journaling. 
I [attempted to] blend several shades of color to create a little depth - If you look closely, you can see several shades of blue on the door, and several shades of browns / oranges / yellows on the llama -
I also take the time to dry between coats of colors... 
Using a heat gun to speed it along when needed. 
[This prevents wet colors from bleeding together-]
Next I added in the shadow with some greys 
[black with a little white mixed on the lid of my water colors -] 
I also added color over the llama and scarf again --
 I'll admit -- I used acrylic paint on the letters because I wanted them to "pop." 
[You could use alpha stickers instead of hand-drawing them if you want - ]
Then I finished with a favorite micron pen [that I tried so hard to get in focus for this photo!]

Here's our hand-out - 
Feel free to print it and use it as inspiration - or trace it - 
and let me see what you create! 
Please use the #faithbasedpages so I can see t too!
You can go to Instagram @faithbasedpages to see more! 
[P.S. - I think it's kinda cute and I hope you do too.]

No comments: