Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I'm pretty sure

I've shared this easy technique for chalkboard painting in the past-
but it's always fun to do - so I'll share my latest project in case you missed the others -

I started by printing my lettering on the computer - 
I actually used Rhonna's App to create my sign, bc I love her fonts so much!
I cut it out and covered the back with white chalk before I  taped it down to the chalkboard I was using. [Do it like you'd do a crayon or pencil rubbing - so that you have a nice layer of chalk ALL OVER the back -] This is a real chalkboard I got at a thrift store, but you can paint any board black and put it in a frame the size you want / need. 
Once you have the letters where you want them [and secured down with tape - I used some washi I had on my table-]  you'll use a ball point pen to draw over every. single. line.
I lifted mine up every now and then to be sure it was tracing what I wanted -
After it's all traced you can remove the paper - 
It will look pretty dusty and will rub off easily so be very careful not to smudge it!
Next you can use white paint [and a fine tip brush]  
or a sharpie paint pen and go over every line that you traced.
Of course you want it to look nice, but it doesn't have to be perfect - 
If someone was doing this free-hand on a chalkboard 
there would surely be imperfections, so don't be too hard on yourself!
Once it's dry, you can tale a damp cloth and wipe off all the calk residue - 
Then you have a chalkboard sign that will never smudge or get wiped off. 
Ours is perfect for Lottie!

No comments: