Monday, September 25, 2017

Lottie Scotty 008- 2017

Let's talk lighting - 
I shared a few weeks ago that Craig re-wired Lottie so we could have our lights just where we wanted them - And yes - we have those 'regular' looking camper lights - 
 But here's some additional ones that we've updated  for Lottie!
[My favorite is at the end -] I'm loving all of them!
 Craig took these little lights apart, re-painted, and attached them to the walls where the former pennant lights were. [We got these at one of the big box stores -- Walmart or Target ON SALE for almost nothing...]  I think we will really enjoy having them bendable so we can direct the light where we need it most. You can see one on the wall in the first photo - And yes, that blue is only subtly different - but it really DOES make a difference, Ha. 

 I know I've shared this one already - but I'm just so happy with the way this original gas light looks after Craig painted it red and  wired it for a bulb. It's safe to say that this is his favorite light in the whole camper. [Although he's loving the light over the tag too -  I've gotta get a picture of that one -]

But this one is my absolute favorite! Craig picked a regular size LED light bulb that fits into a magnetic holder... 
We fastened the holder to the ceiling above the dinette and then searched [and searched] for a small drum shade that was lite enough to hang on the bulb without pulling it loose. 
 
We finally found EXACTLY what we needed, but had to buy the entire light to get it. [I'm thinking I can use that light [with a different shade] on a desk in the playroom. It was a neutral tan when we bought it and I knew I wanted a mid-century modern feel, so I searched the interwebs and had Zazzle print me up some glossy wrapping paper. 
I LOVE IT.
[And in case you didn;t already know this about me - 
I'm not afraid to mix up a  few patterns...]
I mean, how stinkin' cute is this?!?
Almost as cute as this....
Y'all know I said from the start I was undecided about keeping the original under counter light, but once Craig spruced it up with paint, I love it too - He's put in both a 12 volt and 110 volt light ...  [each end has a separate switch] So neat!
It seems a bit big for the space, but, it's original and 
I love the red popping against the white...
You can also see that we chose a tin-tile type back splash. 

We've been working so hard [like 4-8 hours a day hard] 
and I can't wait to share the rest with you as we get to it! 
It's all coming together y'all!!

No comments: