Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I've just realized that I completly forgot

to share a little meal I made in my Instant Pot a few weeks ago - 
I'm not sure what it is about cold blustery days that make me want sausage  and cabbage... 
But it does...
So I thought I'd give it a go with the Instant Pot I love so much --
 I cut up cubes of sweet potatoes and regular potatoes and put them on the bottom of the pot with about 3/4 cup of water. I added the sliced sausage on top. 
[I had turkey sausage, but you can use whatever you have on hand. ] 
 I layered the cabbage [cut into quarters] on top and seasoned it with cajun spice.
Yum. 
I set it to cook the potatoes since the sausage was already cooked and 
I knew the cabbage would cook in no time at all...
So I set it for about 20 minutes - natural release for ten - then quick release.
The finished product - 
Not a lot of color on the plate - but still delicious!

No comments: