Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A few weeks back

a Facebook friend posted that she used her instant Pot to make chicken and rice... 
So I thought I'd give it a go...
It was SO GOOD.
Here's what I did - no recipe needed...
I put 2 cups of Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley  and 1 1/2 cups of water 
in the bottom of the Instant Pot. 
I layered the chicken on top but then I was concerned that it would squish the rice and keep it from being fluffy, so I put a little salsa cup in the middle and set the rack on top with the chicken. If you peep to the side, you can see that the chicken is lifted up...
I sprinkled the chicken with a little seasoned salt...
Next I tossed in some frozen brussel srpouts...
was hoping for broccoli, but this is what I had in the freezer...
I set it for fifteen minutes -
the default setting for chicken on my pot...
And I let it natural release [NR.]
It smelled so good while it was cooking!
To be clear - this was not ready in fifteen minutes - it takes a few minutes for the pot to start cooking and natural release was 15 minutes or so....
Hey! Here's a photo of the rack and the little custard / salsa cup I put in - 
And, oops, in retrospect, I should have flipped it over 
so it wouldn't have kept all the steamed juices in it...
The rice medley was delicious! 
It was a little dry on the bottom becasue of the cup above, but I think it gave it a bit of crunch in places... and I'd MUCH rather have rice dry than mushy... ha.
All in all, a pretty easy and yummy meal. 
I love the Instant Pot becasue I can put a meal in it and leave it...
No tending to pots, etc. 
Let me know what's cooking in yours!

No comments: