Friday, February 3, 2017

I've probably already shared all

of these on social media in one way or another - 
But I just have to say [again!] how much I'm enjoying my interleaved Bible! It has a blank page between each page of scripture so you can freely create without covering the verses. 
And. I. Love. It.
I"m not sure why... but I did very little work in my art journals last year, so it's been really fun to get back into whole pages where I can be creative in all kinds of ways. 
These pages are thicker than a regular Bible, but still a little thin for art journaling so I covered the page above with gesso, then some tissues from old dress patterns, then more gesso, before adding paint. [Just plain ole acrylics.] The words are from Illustrated Faith Print and Pray and diecuts... the stamp's from CitrusTwist [such great stuff!!]
 
I'm not taking any year long classes this year - 
But I am trying to embrace my thought for the year with quotes and scriptures.... 
This page is just paint, white alpha stickers and white pen...
I tried to paint a sunrise photo I took while 'on the road.'
 
And I'm going to try and keep up with the Journal 52 prompts [a facebook group that is full of artists from all kinds of backgrounds!]  I hope to complete each one in this interleaved Bible...This page has paint - alpha stickers - die cuts from Bo Bunny 'faith' collection and Illustrated Faith...
These [J52] prompts were 'strange' and listen.' This page has a print and pray from Illustrated Faith [really SO easy to download and print and use -] that I added paint to so it would look larger... then the cut-outs,  my hand writing, and alpha stickers...
 Speaking of the Print and Pray - there's usually a free devotional available on Sunday...
So, I've set another goal to dig into those each week and use this Bible to truly journal bit...
Above is the page in progress.. 
And here is the finished page... the only things I added to the Print and Pray were a strip of patterned paper to make another banner piece and the banner at the bottom.
Everything  else is from the print-out. I cut out one of the tabs so the word Sabbath would show through and taped it over the scripture [as a tip in so it can be flipped up] to highlight the verse. I'm not loving that glossy mod podge though - lol.
I hope these pages help you see that you can do whatever you want in your art journals, and that you can use art to worship our Lord.
If you have questions - please email me since I am so technically challenged I don't know how to respond to comments on my blog - ha.
Or you can find me on facebook or instagram @faithbasedpages

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your pages. My next Bible will be the interlevened. What adhesive to do you for your cut outs? I need to add my latest page to my Bible journal page. Have a nice week Judy!