Sunday, December 4, 2016

I'm sharing Bible Journaling prompts

in the hopes that it will inspire you to focus on the birth of Christ. 
Use this however you want, and keep in mind that we're all different and some put more detail in their Bible Journaling and some put less details - and it's all okay. What's most important is spending time with the Lord as you create. 
 

Dec. 4th – Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Going to the Community-wide singing of  
The Hallelujah Chorus 
is a favorite tradition of ours. 
[It’s next Tuesday night at Weatherly Baptist.] 
I love to hear all the different people from the community sing out loud – WONDERFUL! Counselor! 
The Might God! 
The Everlasting Father, 
THE PRINCE OF PEACE. 
Who can read this verse without having  
The Hallelujah Chorus flowing through their head? 
How awesome that the child who came to save us was prophesied about hundreds of years before His birth? I love that God had a plan for us!
This is the sketch / art we have for this passage –   
Step-by-step instructions are available on Instagram: @ faithbasedpages 
I hope this inspires you - feel free to do your own thing – 
or feel free to print and trace / copy this one…
 
It starts out as simple circles and egg shapes...
Then we add the robes and head dresses and other details...
Next I added my water colors - keep in mind if you're using colored pencils, 
you'll want to outline first and color in - 
if you're using water colors, you paint then add ink
[after it is dry, of course.]
Once I've painted in the details and let those dry, I go back with a wash of color around the background...
 Then I add ink with a sketchy look... If you look closely, you’ll see that I also used stickers, stamps [Illustrated Faith] and washi tape to complete this page.
And I amy or may not have gone back with a tiny bit of paper and re-stamped 'counselor' so that it's easier to read... lol.
AS with last week - I'd love to see how you sue this prompt - lease tag me @faithbasedpages or @judyinhuntsvilleal 
so I can see your pages! 

No comments: