Thursday, October 13, 2016

Okay, you guys – I have to share

that I’ve had some MAJOR computer issues this month – 

First I made the stupid, stupid mistake of opening up an attachment on an email from some company I did not know. [In my defense, I checked the website and they looked legit.] 

Let me tell you – it’s a sick, sick feeling to open up your photo files and watch them being eaten one-by-one while you can do nothing about it. By the time my own personal rescue team* arrived everything –-- and I do mean EVERYTHING --- was gone. 

I was one of the lucky ones who got this deadly virus the day it rolled out. My team* [ha] is confident there will be a recovery program in the next few months, but until then they disconnected it all from the PC and a new hard drive was ordered. Wheee. 

But the fun doesn’t stop there, while waiting on the new install, I gave a new little laptop a go [it was returned within 14 days] then I went back to my original little bitty acer that’s seen me through until it went a little crazy last year… 

It works SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW – but I managed with it and it even downloaded quite a few photos from my phone…  
Until it died completely on Sunday

So there you have it – I’ve lost all of the photos on the big PC [which will be recovered eventually] and now I’ve lost all the photos on the little machine [which, honestly, my team* is working to pull out the little hard drive and extract them…] and now I have a new hard drive and office program – Windows 10 and Office 16 – all new to me until I learn to navigate it… 
 Wheee. Again. 

All that to say – I have a blog post ready to go and can’t get to the photos. Ah. The struggles...

But I know it will all work out in the end, even with my self-imposed deadlines looming. 

I’m thankful for friends who let me vent – 
I’m thankful for The Cloud [yes.] 
I’m thankful for Walgreens Photos and 
I’m thankful for Shutterfly as well. 
Oh, and I’m thankful for FaceBook – I can go back and grab photos from there too. 

But don’t expect a Christmas Card from this year – that list was eaten first. Ha. 

Along with every other word.doc and digital download I had…] 
Again – wheee.


*My Team - oh how I love them!

No comments: