Friday, September 23, 2016

I'm just not a summer beach goer...


There. 
I said it. 
HA.

 Maybe it’s my fair skin and the fact that I burn so easily, or maybe it’s the crowds,  – or maybe it’s just the HEAT – 

[I love the 'retro' setting on my camera - and this reminded me of a vintage postcard, so I made one...lol] 
 But I prefer to be at the beach in the spring or fall…
So we took a little detour this past week and enjoyed a long weekend at one of our favorite beaches.  
The water was perfect at least a few hours a day --
I say that, because it rained / stormed every. single. day.
 Even so, we enjoyed it - even being adventurous enough to be in the water during a rain storm...
We loved having our little rolly cart that we picked up at the Nashville Flea Market - it easily stored our stuff - and kept it up off the sand - a win-win.
 And, honestly -
It was all fun and games until this...
I just couldn't make myself get back in after I saw more than one floating around... After all, I've seen first hand what a jellyfish can do to a person - and it didn't look fun....

This is a beach we know and love,
one we visit at least yearly, and sometimes more often
[this is my third time this year…] 
So it was nice to be there together again…
Until next time...

No comments: